Did you know that the Egyptians were the first people who desired to straightened their teeth? There are some mummified Egyptian bodies discovered to have cords made from animal intestines; these cords are wrapped around their teeth. Archeologists say that this is the early Egyptians’ way to straighten their crooked/misaligned teeth.
Thanks to modern advances, braces have evolved through time. Below are some facts about braces that you might want to know:
- According to historians, the first official braces were created nearly 300 years ago, in 1728, by Pierre Fauchard. He is the so-called Father of Dentistry. Fauchard used flat metal in producing the first braces. He connected some flat metal to the teeth using a thin thread to produce the very first braces.
- In the 20th century, a dentist named Edward Angle introduced some advancements like applying brackets; his purpose is to effectively address the issue of tooth misalignment.
- NASA originally developed the alloy called nickel titanium, which is one of the basic components of braces.
- There are braces that are invisible. It is not because they are clear but because they are hidden behind the teeth.
- You may choose the color/s for your braces. If you do not want the color of the rubber bands of your braces, all you need to do is to schedule an appointment with your dentist and ask him/her to change their colors. There is a wide array of hues to choose from. This is one of the reasons why kids nowadays look forward to having their braces.
- There is no need to use a threader in flossing teeth with braces. Orthodontists now use a special flosser; it goes underneath the wire and in between the teeth of the patient.
- About 25% of people who wear braces have to wear them again. One of the reasons is that they fail to wear retainers as instructed by their dentists. Take note that if you don’t wear your retainers, your teeth will shift to their original, crooked position.
- According to the American Association of Orthodontists, it is recommended for a child to visit an orthodontist as early as 7 years old. They say that in most cases, there are no tooth irregularities appearing to children 6 years old and below.
The time for you to have that perfect, charming smile is now. If you are looking for experienced dentists offering offer high-quality braces in Dubai, then you’re in luck. Book an appointment today with the best dentist! We are looking forward to helping you in achieving your beautiful, straight smile.